"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy. "

30 January 2011

BL-Oscars

(I'm stealing the title of this blog from another crafty blogger... )




Recently I was the recipient of the above awards from 3 fellow bloggers. Thanks Ladies!
Here are the rules for accepting the awards:
  1. Thank and link back to the person/people who gave you the award - Done
  2. Share 7 things about yourself - See below
  3. Award 15 other bloggers - See below
  4. Contact those bloggers to tell them about the award - Done
7 things about myself that you might now know:
  1. I learned to snowboard when I was in college and I LOVE it! I now live in the Midwest and the "ski hills" as they like to call them here just plain suck. Hopefully someday I'll be able to spend at least one week a year skiing in the Rockies, where only TRUE mountains live.
  2. I just read "Skinny Bitch" and I think its going to push me over to the vegan column. This really isn't a book about being skinny, but more about really actually THINKING about what you put in your body. We have become sooooo oblivious to understanding where our food actually comes from.
  3. My favorite job EVER was a bartender in a blues bar in college. Its such a blast being behind a bar in a packed place with fantastic music playing. The energy will keep you going for days.
  4. Speaking of music, I want to take up piano and/or flute lessons again. I used to play piano and flute but dropped them when I entered high school.
  5. The two foods I can't STAND, to the point of wanting to vomit if they get close to my house are bananas and yogurt. I don't remember the last time I've had a banana and I don't think I've even tried yogurt because that smell makes my stomach lurch... excuse me while I go puke in my mouth a bit.
  6. If I could do it all over again, I'd be a dancer, a backup dancer for Madonna or something amazingly fun like that. I danced in college (no, not THAT kind...) and found a way to express myself and felt SO amazingly comfortable in my own body. Now my body is just blobby and bloated from IVF. BOOOO and I have a wonderful hubby who doesn't like to dance... ever.
  7. My dog is so cute that I want to squeeze her too hard and pop her head of. I hope I don't do that when I have kids... LOL!
Hope you found something out about me that you didn't know!

Now, the 15 10 bloggers that I get to award... hmmm... I think a few of them have already been awarded, so my list isn't 15 as I just can't keep up and follow tons and tons of blogs, but I'll do my best (and ps... not all are infertility blogs):

A Little Blog about the Big Infertility
Adventures in Infertility Land
Cooking with Gas
Infertility Unexplained
More Room in My Heart
Waiting for a Baby Bump
Infertility Musings
Roccie Road
Stork Stalking
The Infertile Farmer

Happy Award-ing!

7 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I feel the same way about my dog on your last comment. Thanks so much for the blog award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, thanks K! I had no idea you didn't like yogurt, although now that I think about it... you never have yogurt in your fridge.... So, basically my standard breakfast of yogurt, banana, and whole wheat cereal wouldn't appeal to you, huh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, one of these days I am going to get around to blogging! I feel the same about my dog too!!! And no yogurt & bananas? I would die without them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much!!
    love the fun facts, it is always nice to learn more about you outside of IF :)
    P.S. funny enough, I love yogurt and banans especially bananas cut up in greek yogurt...yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the award, K! I also want to get back into piano (I went and got my piano from my parents basement recently and was so disappointed in my serious lack of skills!) Also, I am totally with you on wanting to be a back up dancer for a band! I danced too, and LOVE to perform! Sometimes my 30-some self forgets my moves are a little stale these days, but a girl can still dream!! Thanks so much for sharing! I enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thanks for the award!! I love validation!

    I can't believe you would want to be a dancer! That is so amazing to me! I was born with two left feet and can barely manage the white-man overbite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew about the bananas but totally didn't know about the yogurt....LOL! And I can absolutely relate to your 7th thing. :D

    ReplyDelete