"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy. "

12 January 2010

"Wonka, this has gone far enough!"


There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going
There's no knowing where we're rowing
Or which way the river's flowing
Is it raining, is it snowing
Is a hurricane a-blowing 


If you are like me, you may recognize the above from the Willy Wonka movie based on the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory book, basically one of my all time favorite movies. In my memory, I recall getting a whole bunch of candy and sitting in front of the TV and watching this movie over the holidays. Now, I can't really remember if we actually got candy to eat while we were watching the  movie, of if that was just my DREAM when I was watching the movie. Either way, its a movie that I can usually find some reference to in various parts of my life.


Today, the above song came to mind. Willy Wonka is in the boat going through the tunnel after Agustus Galoop (sp?) gets sucked up the tube of chocolate to take the remainder of the greedy kids (save Charlie) and parents to the next stop on their factory tour.  Wonka starts singing this VERY CREEPY song in the dark tunnel while crazy shapes and pictures of nasty things start appearing on the wall... And about 1 second before the boat stops, Verruca Salt's father yells... " Wonka, this has gone far enough!"


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zail7Gdqro


Today's one of those days that I really don't want to do this anymore. I just want off. I want the boat to stop and all of the horrible feelings that I have. I want not be worrying about what I'm eating and drinking. I want not to wonder my temperature is the the first thing I wake up in the morning. I want to not wonder what supplement I'm supposed to take with what meal and what set of herbs I should be using. I want not to feel sad when others feel joy for their pregnancy. And I want this long 3 year road of trying to have a baby w/ B to be over soon, like now.


I just want to be pregnant with a healthy, happy baby in my belly. I want to talk about due dates, and nursery colors, and baby names, and wonder who's nose our baby will have and who's eyes. And I want to feel a baby inside of me more than I could ever have imagined wanting to... 


...And I WANT IT NOW!!! (do you hear another Wonka song coming??)

5 comments:

  1. Very touching...and a fantastic analogy!! On top of that a favorite movie to boot! Word up sista....feeling ya... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I sooooo hear you!! Loud and clear with the mouth of Veruca Salt...LOL. I think I may even see a foot stomping here and there. What a fantastic analogy. I can't wait to hear you talk about nursery colors and speculate on who your baby is going to resemble most.....it just warms me up to think about it. Your "now" is on it's way (as fast as it can come). ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so great for commenting on here! I love it :-) Mwah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. K, I remember that feeling so vividly. Like, someone else please carry this all for a while. It is unbelievably heavy. I hope we can help ease the burden a little while you wait...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie - you are an amazing burden carrier for me! You all can't imagine how much strength you give to me. I could never do this w/out all of you.

    ReplyDelete