"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy. "

29 August 2010

Consultation Update

I traveled to Chicago last friday for an appointment with the clinic that is performing an efficacy study on a particular IVF drug. The study is in phase III of the clinical trial and if you know what that means, you'll know that they've already shown this drug to be effective as the one it is being compared to (daily injections of Follistim) and they now just need to validate previous results in an older population. And yeah for me, being "old" is actually a good thing for this.  What's more exciting is that if I get in I will have an all expense paid IVF cycle. (I'd rather that sentence read "an all expense paid trip to Hawaii"... or something like that. But alas, one has to accept where one is at in their life, right?)

And everything seemed to go well. I'm basically in! I fit all the criteria and pending a few more blood tests, semen analysis and a sonohystogram (sometimes called a fluid ultrasound), which I expect should go well, I'm IN!!! This means I could be poking myself with needles in early October! WHEEEEE! (Never thought I'd write that sentence either... lol!)

I'm feeling pretty calm about it all right now, but am sure as time grows nearer, my anxiety level and emotions get a little out of wack. We'll see.

So, keep your fingers crossed and pray that the rest of our blood tests turn out well and we'll be back in the cycling game shortly! I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed! Early October is not far away! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I have my appointment for a very similar trial study on Thursday but I am not as hopeful that I will be accepted. It just seems too good to be true. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and please keep your crossed for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally have my fingers crossed that you are in, and that you get a BFP off the free cycle.

    ReplyDelete