"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy. "

29 July 2010

Weary

Regardless of how much new information may give us insight and a new path to follow, it still sucks that we have yet another path to follow. I'm weary.

Regardless of how exciting it is that new options have opened up for us, it still sucks that we have been on this journey for so long. I'm weary.

Sometimes I just get overwhelmed with the heaviness of this all. I feel like I'm sitting on the outside of a glass window looking in on a very large room full of families and women who are pregnant and women who get pregnant even on their first IVF cycle... and I'm knocking on the glass, with big puppy dog eyes, hoping some one will see me and let me in or finally show me the door. But I'm weary of knocking. I've been here for a long time and I want to finally just be let in. Why won't they let me in?

4 comments:

  1. I get that, I really do! It's funny how sometimes you can't help but consider people who have got pregnant on their first IVF cycle to have had it 'easy' I know that sounds awful because they would have struggled just as much to get to that point as we did but I think you enter a whole new realm when you do get past that first cycle of IVF and STILL no baby and have to do it all over again. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could carry some of the heaviness for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong my friend... your baby will come. Just keep hanging in there and persevere! Your dedication and love will grow your family....Think of something to be thankful for today and let that be the light that guides you through your day...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could blast those freaking windows open for you. Lots of hugs and prayers are continuing to go to you. Jen Searle

    ReplyDelete